1. What information we collect, and how we collect it
To provide the Whaam service, we collect certain information about your usage, including:
- your email address, birth date, and other information pertaining to your public profile;
- information about the links that you submit to Whaam;
- industry standard server logs and site activity information pertaining to individual usage analysis, recorded as you access Whaam and third-party sites through Whaam;
- the links and content you have marked as “favorite”, marked “like” or “dislike”;
- the friends and followers that you have added on Whaam;
- the frequency and date on which you log on to Whaam;
- the profile picture that you have uploaded to Whaam;
- as well as feedback that you have provided to us.
All of these types of information are added to our records as you click a button, enter information into a text field, or otherwise perform a clearly marked action on Whaam. Whaam does not collect any of these types of information without your explicit request to do so. Whaam may collect information through third party services, but only at your request.
2. What we do with it
Whaam publishes information to your public profile including your chosen display name, your profile picture and other information that you have optionally chosen to display. Optional information published on your public profile include:
- any quantity of “link lists” that you have yourself added to Whaam;
- any links that you have marked as “favorite”, and have added to a public link list, and the number of links that you have marked as such;
- birth date and e-mail address;
- the number of links that you have submitted to Whaam;
- the number of feedback reports that you have sent to Whaam.
You can show these types of information publically, to your friends only, or to yourself alone. Aggregated quantitative information, such as the number of likes or favorites a link has received, are published as a numerical quantity, with no association to any of the users who have marked them as such. Such information will remain published until you remove your like or favorite status from the link. When you submit a link to Whaam, your name will be published as the suggester of that link. If you wish to remove your name, you must hide the link entirely. We do not provide any collected information to a third party outside of the Whaam service.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we take a number of steps to protect your personal information, including asking you to use a secure password, and using database routines according to industry standard. Further, we respect and comply with EU legislation on data protection.
5. Restrict public information
You have the option to restrict what information is published on your public profile. Please refer to the Help page to see how you can restrict such information. Please note that some information is always published in accordance to an earlier section of this policy.
6. Other Websites we link to